Wednesday 27 May 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge #33




The challenge this week over at the Cuttlebug Challenge is Monogram

It might be quite hard to see on the card but I used the distressed stripes folder on the bottom half of the card.

The stamp is by Paper Artsy which I used distressed inks on and the little journalling tag is by Elles Studios who is our sponsor this week. http://www.ellesstudio.com/

The monogram is a wax seal and it is the letter Y

I hear you say- but is not straight, it is facing sideways..... and i do realise that but have never used a wax seal before so I gave it a trial run and set the blooming thing on fire.... then I thought lets go for it on the card..... and I was so busy trying to get my pool of wax right and not set it on fire I never paid attention to which way up the stamp was!!! oh dear.. the result... a sideways Y monogram..... but I do think it looks very effective all the same.

The gaffer tape is 7gypsies.

Looking forward to visiting to see all your Monogram projects

AllisonX


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allison, you did a great job with the challenge this week! I'm glad everything worked out in the end. :)

Karen said...

Beautiful card Allison! I loved the waxed seal monogram too!!

Eva said...

What a beautiful card!!! Love the way this turned out!

Unknown said...

Your card is just beautiful! Sideways or not I LOVE the wax seal!!

Crystal said...

Wow Allison this is absolutely awesome, love this design!!! So beautiful!

Carol said...

It's great Allison, and i don't think i would have even noticed the Y if you hadn't said....and you be careful with hot stuff!!don't go burning yourself!

Hugs
Carol x

Jenn K said...

Wonderful...Well worth the "effort" :)

Maria Matter said...

LOL, I'm glad you're safe and sound after making this beauty! It would be really hard to explain how you set the room on fire making cards!
I love all the details on this...you did a fabulous job!
Blessings, Maria

Girlsinthecraft said...

The wax seal makes it extra special. And, honestly, when I noticed the y was sideways I just figured it was your own artsy flair to the project :)
...........deanna

www.girlsinthecraft.blogspot.com

Linda said...

I haven't ever done the wax seal before either. Your finished card is so beautiful!! Good thing you didn't set your craft room on fire.

cats whiskers said...

This is stunning how classy and love that wax seal
Hugs Jacqui x

Vicky said...

Those wax seals sound like fun! Great card though so it was worth it! x

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Bloomin' 'eck, mrs! This is a corker!! Really, really lovely.

Hugs,
Chris xx

Christine Rojas-LaviƱa said...

Oooooh! I've been wanting to get a wax seal for myself! Time to give in! So pretty! :)