Sunday 14 September 2008

Penny Black Challenge


The challenge this week is to make a card for a man without using blue- so i went for one of my favourite tones- brown tones

The papers are Funky Hand papers and if anyone watched Anice on Ideal World on Thursday on one of her demonstrations you would have saw her cutting a wavy frame from the paper for her card so I copied this idea and cut a wavy frame from the checked paper and used a lighter tone for the inside.

I then doodled round the edges and cut a large sizzix tag in brown and stamped my little doggy stamp and again on the checked paper for his tie.

I die cut a beer glass and the word CHEERS and attached a Father sentiment and a few jewels

AllisonX

12 comments:

mueppi said...

Your card is beautiful!
I love it!
Hugs Gisela

Kath Stewart said...

love this card Allison - which CD is that checked paper from...love the image and the beer mug - thanks for playing along again at PBSC this week
Love
kath
xxxxx

Jill said...

wow gorgeous card Alison I love the die cut beer glass, thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment on my cards Jill x

Claire said...

Love the card and the colours - great choice.

Claire

Swaantje said...

Oh, it's lovely and cute, fabulous card.

Unknown said...

A fabulous card!

cats whiskers said...

Great card Allison love the colours and that great image, the beer mug made me laugh
Thanks for joining us this week
Hugs jacqui x

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

The shades of brown are wonderful, very cute image, great card. Thanks for playing along in this weeks PBSC ~ Jovi

Cathy said...

Great card Allison. I love the checks and that doggie holding the beer is fab!
Cathy xx

Beth said...

Fab card! I love the colour scheme and the sentiment you've used! Thanks for joining in!

Els G. said...

Great card!
Els
x

Mrs Wonka said...

What a cool mans card!

Mrs Wonka x